Diaphragm True Union Valves
True Union Type (1/2" - 2")
- Solid thermoplastic body and bonnet for best overall corrosion resistance.
- Extra heavy EPDM diaphragm or optional PTFE diaphragm fully backed by EPDM, for long service life under the most severe conditions.
- Fully lubricated brass stem and sleeve.
- Unique concave/convex PTFE/ EPDM diaphragm design insures PTFE barrier returns to full open position.
- Standard, adjustable full close position over travel stop to eliminate premature diaphragm failure due to over tightening.
- Full stroke, fully protected open/close position indication.
- Stainless steel or plastic encapsulated external hardware.
- Longer service life and higher Cv values than rubber lined valves.
- Can be used in lined, metal FRP or thermoplastic piping systems.
- Flanged application valves designed to fit between ANSI B16.5 Class 150.
|6||Handle||1||ABS/PPO(Poly Phlnylene Oxide)|
|8||Bonnet||1||PPO(Poly Phlnylene Oxide)|
VITON® is a trademark of DuPont Performance Elastomers
TEFLON® is a trademark of DuPont Performance Elastomers
Note: For valves to be used in sodium hypochlorite, factory must be consulted for alternate gasket material
True Union Type Diaphragm Valves (1/2" - 2" SOC./THD./FLANGED)
Design Specifications - Thermoplastic Diaphragm Valves 1/2" - 2" Soc./ Thd., Flg. (valves shall be molded of solid thermoplastic materials). Body is of the weir configuration exhibiting large flow area and good flow control capability. Stem and sleeve shall be Brass. Full stroke position indication is enclosed in a clear protective cover. All external fasteners shall be either encapsulated in plastic or of stainless steel materials. Materials of construction shall be: (select as required for service)
Body - PVC,CPVC,ASTM D-1784,PP,PPG,ASTM D-4101,PVDF, ASTM D-3222
Bonnet - PVC,CPVC,ASTM D-1784,PP,PPG,ASTM D-4101,PVDF, ASTM D-3222, PPO, ASTM D-4101 (standard)
Stem/Sleeve - Brass
Compressor - PVDF, ASTM, D-3222, PPO, ASTM, D-4101
Diaphragm - EPDM, Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer, PTFE/EDPM, Teflon® (DuPont Dow Elastomers)
Diaphragm Insert Stud - Stainless Steel, Large Diameter
Positive Indicator Cover - PC, Polycarbonate, ASTM - D-2848
Handwheel - ABS, ASTM D-1788
NOTE: For any diaphragm application with use of sodium hypochlorite, factory must be informed prior to quote. Special application valves are required.
Not recommended for compressed air or gas service.